By: Matt Patton, CATA Executive Director
Because of the generous support of donors, Giving Tuesday donation efforts raised enough money for 890 FFA jackets, which is the equivalent of $66,750.
There is an opportunity for FFA students in need to be recommended to receive an FFA jacket free of charge. Identify students from your chapter to receive a jacket. Every chapter is eligible for at least two free jackets, additional jackets may be available if funds are available. Applications in excess of available funds will await funding through the Give the Gift of Blue program with National FFA.
Jacket redemption will be handled through the National FFA Give Blue program. Working with National FFA allowed us to secure a jacket and a tie or scarf at $75, which included shipping to your FFA Chapter, tax, etc. To redeem your chapter’s jacket, please follow the instructions below. Applications will be processed in batches.
1. Select a student to complete the application, or you can complete the application on their behalf.
2. Whoever completes the application needs to log into their National FFA account. Visit https://giftofblue.ffa.org.
3. If the student is not already on your national roster, please email Trisha Chapman at firstname.lastname@example.org. She can assist in getting them added.
4. From there, follow the application directions. It is advised to have the following information ready and accessible when you start the process.
- You will need to know the member’s state, chapter, and full name to select the student from the chapter roster. In Step 1, fill in the first and last name of the member you are nominating. Then select the state and chapter from the dropdown list. Next, look at the list of members and select the student from the list using the students first 3 initials of his/her last name and the first initial of their first name. This will be used to verify the student is an official member of this chapter and provide the advisor reviewing the application with all the student’s information.
- You will need to know what size standard jacket you want to order for your nominee and what style tie or scarf. To see the tie and scarf options please click on the link “Shop FFA” and click on “Official Dress.”
- You will also need to write a “Nomination Statement” explaining why this member should receive a jacket from the Give the Gift of Blue program. This program was designed to gift jackets to members who will take full advantage of the opportunities offered in FFA. Funding is limited, so make sure your nominee fits this requirement.
Please be sure to complete the application process to redeem jackets for your chapter. Jackets will be shipped directly to your FFA chapter, via the address included on the application.
Thank you again for your role in making this program become a reality. If you have any questions, please email Matt Patton at email@example.com.
For more information about the California Agricultural Teachers’ Association, visit http://calagteachers.org/