By: Matt Patton, CATA Executive Director
California FFA still has FFA jackets to give to those in need. California has experienced an unprecedented economic downturn as a result of natural disasters and pandemic. Those obstacles need not stand in the way of agricultural students and an FFA jacket. There is an opportunity to identify FFA students in need from your chapter to receive an FFA jacket free of charge. Every chapter is eligible for at least two free jackets. Jacket applications in excess of this will not be funded through the California FFA at this time.
Jacket redemption will be handled through the National FFA Give Blue program. Working with National FFA allowed us to secure a jacket and a tie or scarf at $75, which includes shipping to your FFA Chapter, tax and other associated expenses. To redeem your chapter’s jackets, please follow the instructions below. Applications will be processed in batches.
- Select a student to complete the application, or you can complete the application on their behalf.
- Whoever completes the application needs to log into their National FFA account. Visit https://giftofblue.ffa.org.
- If the student is not already on your national roster, please email Trisha Chapman at firstname.lastname@example.org. She can assist in getting them added.
- From there, follow the application directions. It is advised to have the following information ready and accessible when you start the process.
- You will need to know the members state, chapter, and full name to select the student from the chapter roster. In Step 1, fill in the first and last name of the member you are nominating. Then select the state and chapter from the dropdown list. Next, look at the list of members and select the student from the list using the students first 3 initials of his/her last name and the first initial of their first name. This will be used to verify the student is an official member of this chapter and provide the advisor reviewing the application with all the student’s information.
- You will need to know what size standard jacket you want to order for your nominee and what style tie or scarf. To see the tie and scarf options please click on the link: Shop FFA and click on official dress.
- You will also need to write a “Nomination Statement” explaining why this member should receive a jacket from the Give the Gift of Blue program. This program was designed to gift jackets to members who will take full advantage of the opportunities offered in FFA. Funding is limited so please make sure your nominee fits this requirement.
Please be sure to complete the application process to redeem jackets for your chapter. Jackets will be shipped directly to your FFA chapter, via the address included on the application.
Thank you again for your role in making this program become a reality. If you have any questions, please email Matt Patton.
Matt Patton, Executive Director, California Agricultural Teachers’ Assn., email@example.com, 209 744-1605
For more information about the California Agricultural Teachers’ Association, visit http://calagteachers.org/